I just got a Stylish Blogger Award from Jean Henry Mead (mysterious writer and murderous muse)! I'm not sure what I did to deserve it, but I must admit, it's a very stylish award, received with thanks. Apparently I have to list seven things about myself on my blog, then pass the award on to a friend... So, seven things???
- I recently released a book of poetry called Mongrel Christian Mathematician. The title does kind of describe me, and author Mary Russel reviewed it on her blog recently.
- Lulu's offering downloads of my Easter ebook at 75% off the regular price, just for Lent (oh, and Lent starts today). I guess that tells you I ought to be doing something for Lent. This year, I'm trying to give up snacking to stay awake and take up walking instead (a much more prayer-inspiring, though frequently wet, way of not falling asleep).
- I just finished my first-pass through editing my first real novel--assuming you think being accepted for publication makes a novel "real." Many thanks to StoneGarden for accepting it... But why does getting accepted leave me suddenly convinced it can't be good enough?
- I've just started posting notes (on my refracted muse) for a "Faith and Mythology" class that I'm supposed to teach in a couple of weeks. Help! I love mythology (and faith), but I'm naturally disorganized and getting my thoughts onto (virtual) paper is driving me up the wall.
- I've booked a trip to England to see my Mum (which tells you I'm English as well as American).
- I've also just booked a trip to Texas to see my son (which tells I have at least one son--in fact I have three, all grown-up--ah, those graying hairs...)
- I have gray hair!
Thank you again Jean for the lovely award.