Tuesday, April 7, 2009
The Honest Scrap Award
1. I’m an English American.
2. I’m a mathematician who can’t add up.
3. I’m a writer who can’t spell.
4. I’m a Catholic Protestant.
5. I’m scared of fire.
6. I’m scared of moths.
7. I love dogs.
8. I love my family.
9. I used to get paid to break things, and
10. I’d like to get paid for writing.
The Honest Scrap Award is meant to go to someone whose blog content or design is “brilliant,” so I’m not sure how I won it, but thank you S.W.Vaughn of Murder by 4 for the encouragement and undeserved honor.
The rules are,
1. You write an article accepting the award with a link back to the giver (see above), a list of the rules (see here), and a copy of the award image (see above).
2. You add links to at least five other blogs that you consider “brilliant,” (see below) and add comments on said blogs, warning the owners that you’re sending innocent victims their way, and asking them to accept the award. And
3. You list ten honest things about yourself (also above).
Pat Bertram certainly deserves an award or two, or five, for Bertram’s Blog , Book Marketing Floozy, Mini-fiction, and Pat Bertram Introduces but I’ll just leave a comment on the first one. Pat has two new books out, and I can’t wait to read them, so go on over there (or there, or there…) and learn about….well, everything to do with writing and books.
A.F.Stewart has a fine book and a fine blog and I seem to follow her all around the internet. She’s been very kind to me, offers helpful advice about blog tours and publishing etc., and never accuses me of stalking her.
Next, please visit Casablanca Authors. Their comments are like eavesdropping in a really great café, with books and writers. Grab a coffee and sit down to read, relax and smile.
I love Gladys Hobson’s Writing for Joy because she’s in England and her pictures remind me of home. And she writes for joy, which is always enjoyable.
And, while I’m not sure she’ll have time to accept an award with all the author interviews she posts, I have to send you over to A Christian Writer’s World as it’s one of my favorite places whenever I’m wandering the blogosphere.
Happy blogging, friends.