Thursday, October 9, 2008

Self-publishing

I swore I’d never do it; said it was cheating – where’s the achievement in seeing my name in print if it’s me that put it there? Besides, if I can’t persuade any agents and editors to read my stuff, how should I expect to persuade anyone else?

Then there’s the money thing. If I’m not earning, what right do I have to spend what I’m not earning on continuing not to earn?

But Lulu said they publish free; they even give you a web-site to sell what you write. So I’m definitely tempted – I’ll let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

25BAR said...

I'm in the process of figuring out this business of self publishing. Publishing books that have about 50 full page photos makes it all the more difficult, I guess. I'm going to give ebooks a go. I hope to have something ready by the end of the year.
Well done! Cheers!